To enter the contest, you must agree to the following rules, post your entry at YouTube, and fill out the required items on the form at the bottom of this page by 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2012, New York time. We are happy to answer questions and we look forward to viewing your video! (Again, the deadline for cash-prize entries has passed, but we are delighted to receive and consider for non-cash honors any fresh video submissions.)
- No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
- Cash-prize entrants must post American Fever Video entries to YouTube and then formally submit each entry’s URL to this website in order to be eligible to win. Entries received after the July 4, 2012, deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. Arterial Witness will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. Arterial Witness is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by Arterial Witness for any reason.
- Winners will be notified via the information they provided to Arterial Witness when they entered the contest. We seek contact information such as email and website addresses and particularly telephone numbers only to facilitate communication at that time. No further use will be made of personal information provided to Arterial Witness. If a winner does not respond to the notification, another will be chosen. Failure to respond shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
- A prize of US $1,000 shall be granted to the contest winner as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Arterial Witness. Decisions by Arterial Witness are final. No further compensation shall be received by any contestant.
- Arterial Witness may choose to designate further categories of distinguished video entries, as explained in the Contest Introduction, but these shall not be eligible for any cash award.
- All videos (collectively and severally, “Materials”) posted to YouTube and submitted by you to Arterial Witness shall become the sole and exclusive property of Arterial Witness, in perpetuity. Arterial Witness may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created—throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting Materials to Arterial Witness, you represent and warrant that the Materials are your original creation and do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Arterial Witness free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that Arterial Witness shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by you.
- You acknowledge and agree that Materials submitted by you and posted to YouTube may be made available by Arterial Witness for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to Arterial Witness. By submitting Materials to Arterial Witness, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials.
- You agree to hold Arterial Witness and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with Arterial Witness’ use of the Materials submitted to Arterial Witness and used in any manner in Arterial Witness’ sole and absolute discretion.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
- Arterial Witness is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with this contest.
- Arterial Witness reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate the contest at any time without prior notice.
- Arterial Witness reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter any contest rules at any time.
- By entering this contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to such contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- Arterial Witness reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by Arterial Witness, unless prohibited by law.
- Arterial Witness reserves the right to require the winner(s) to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
- The winner agrees to transmit directly to Arterial Witness a copy of the winning work, which may then be performed, broadcast, or otherwise exploited to publicize American Fever and/or Arterial Witness and Peter Christian Hall, at Arterial Witness’ discretion, and may be screened together with other works.
- Arterial Witness is not responsible for failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems; lost entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; incomplete entries or communications; or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise.
- The decisions of Arterial Witness are final and binding in all matters as they relate to the American Fever Video Contest.
To enter this contest, you must agree to the Official Rules. Please read them prior to entering the contest. By emailing us this video’s URL and your data, you agree to a binding legal agreement between you and Arterial Witness.
Note: Be sure to link to American Fever‘s website on the top line of your description when you post this video at YouTube. (http://www.americanfeverbook.com/synopsis/) You must list the novel’s complete title, American Fever: A Tale of Romance & Pestilence, and credit yourself, author Peter Christian Hall, and composer Andy Gill. If you maintain a Twitter account, please tweet the YouTube URL to #americanfever.Then please fill out the required items on the form at the bottom of this page and email us no later than 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2012.
Please copy and paste the following into an email and and email it to us here:
aw (at) arterialwitness (dot) com
aw (at) arterialwitness (dot) com
I have read the American Fever Video Contest rules and I agree to them.
MY NAME __________________________________________________________________________________________
MY EMAIL ADDRESS __________________________________________________________________________________________
MY TELEPHONE NUMBER __________________________________________________________________________________________
CO-CREATOR’S NAME (if any) __________________________________________________________________________________________
EMAIL ADDRESS __________________________________________________________________________________________
TELEPHONE NUMBER __________________________________________________________________________________________
YOUTUBE URL __________________________________________________________________________________________________
YOUTUBE URL (REPEAT) __________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing your work.